This post may contain Affiliate links. Click here to view our full disclosure.
I sat in a room of tired women who seemed to be all overworked and about to fall over from exhaustion. As we all talked it was clear that these women were attempting to carry all the workload at home alone while their children were doing nothing to help. These women needed hard workers and their children were the right people for the job.
Hard Workers Needed
Momma- Our jobs are to nurture, train and love our children. They don’t need us to constantly shield them from working hard. Instead, they need us to help them to learn the benefits of becoming self-sufficient, taking ownership of their environment and the feeling of satisfaction of a day’s hard work.
What Chores Do for Our Children:
- Teach responsibility
- Allow them to establish ownership.
- Help them to learn self-help skills that they will use all their lives.
- Instills great work
- Creates hard workers.
We live in a world where we have been programmed to believe that we should do everything for our children all while allowing ourselves to be run into the ground. The truth is that in trying to do everything for our children we are not doing anything for our children or ourselves.
So How Do We Mold Hard Workers?
- Start allowing them to do small tasks: Yes, we will have to help them at first and we will have to show them over and over again but they will eventually master the task and then they can learn new tasks.
- Allow them to figure out things on their own (with adult supervision of course): Our children often times want to do things and we simply just jump in and do it for them. Instead, let the do the tasks and learn from their mistakes. It’s much better for them to learn from their mistakes now than when they are older and living on their own.
- Praise and encourage them. As they help, let them know how much you appreciate their hard work. This will cause them to want to do more.
Does this mean that it will take a little more hard work from us? Yes. Is the hard work that we put in worth it in the end? yes.
We are running ourselves ragged because we feel we need to do everything for our family. The fact is that though we feel we are doing the right thing we are in fact crippling our youth.
Until Next Time Just Keep Soaring 4 Him,