This post may contain Affiliate links. Click here to view our full disclosure.
Being a mom often means that even when you are fighting the blahs you are not getting the day off. There will still be things that need to be done and there will still be endless amounts of things that will pop up and demand your attention. So even though we are craving that television remote and/or new book, mom you know as much as I do it is just not an option.
Fighting the Blahs When You’re a Mom
Just because w feel blah doesn’t mean that we still can’t rock motherhood. In fact, a blah day can be turned into an amazing day on the parental front!!
- Turn on some upbeat music: Musci can pump us up to awesomeness status even when we want to sleep. Feel free to not fight the urge to have a mini dance party in your living room. Not only will you be moving but I bet your children may join in which will mean a fun time had by all.
- Get dressed despite the comfortableness of the pajamas: We do so much better when we dress for the type of day we want. Yes, I know the pajamas are comfortable but sometimes we have to force ourselves to get moving.
- Declare a movie day: Okay so you just can’t adult today. No worries, declare a movie day with the children. I am sure they will love watching some fun movies and eating snacks with you. While the movie is going the laundry can be washing. It’s a win/win!
- Remember that your house doesn’t always have to be perfect: Blah moods are usually a sign that you’re tired if you do not take it easy burnout is soon to follow. Give yourself permission to simply do what has to be done and nothing else.
- Do something that makes you smile: What is it that you simply love to do? Take some time and do it. Seriously sometimes we have to break the mold a bit and do something for ourselves for a change.
- Play a game with your children: Sometimes the greatest cure for the blahs is laughter. It is even better if that laughter is from children. Pull out some board games, go play freeze tag or whatever but have some fun creating memories.
- Make sure that at the end of the day that you are taking time for yourself: Blahs are a warning that burnout is coming. So make sure that you take some time for just yourself to enjoy a long shower, walk around the block or something just for you.
Being a mom is hard work. When the blahs set in our job starts to feel even harder. How do you snap yourselves out of a blah mood?
Until Next Time Just Keep Soaring 4 Him,
I would like to invite you to my Facebook group Christian Homemakers in Training where we dive into homemaking, motherhood, marriage and group devotions. After all, we all need a safe place to grow together, right?