This post may contain Affiliate links. Click here to view our full disclosure.
Before we began homeschooling I often heard people talk about having a homeschooling vision. However, when we decided to begin homeschooling I didn’t take up the time to set up a homeschooling vision because I didn’t deem it important. 6 months into the school year I realized that I was wrong. We needed that vision.
What is a Homeschool Vision?
A homeschool vision is what you and your children hope to accomplish during your homeschooling journey. This isn’t just academically but also spiritually, mentally and as a family unit. These homeschool vision statements that you have worked on together as a family unit actually help serve as a reminder throughout the year what it is that you all are trying to accomplish.
Here are Some Reasons Having a Vision is Important:
- It helps you remain focused. Even on the hard days.
- It helps you plan trips and outings centered on helping you all reach your goals.
- It helps you pick certain curricula.
- It helps each member of the family remember what it is that they are striving for.
Our Family Homeschool Vision:
As a family:
- To learn to build each other up through encouragement.
- To learn to work together instead of against each other.
- To openly share our blessings with those around us in the community.
- To learn that our strengths and weaknesses can both be used for God.
- That we are loved by God, therefore, weshouldf openly and whole heartedly love others.
- That God is working through you in ever situation even when you don’t see it.
- Differences should be celebrated not discouraged.
- No matter what you are never alone.
- Mistakes are a great chance to learn and grow.
- Learning should be a live long habit.
- Knowledge has the power to broaden the horizons in all areas of your life.
- Education can come from more than just textbooks.
I would love to hear about the type of things that are present in your own Homeschool Vision.
Until Next Time Just Keep Soaring 4 Him,