This post may contain Affiliate links. Click here to view our full disclosure.
Having a strong marriage with outside interference has always been a hard task. With the risk of internet usage in the family home, it has become even more difficult now that it is so easy to invite others into our day to day lives. Including things that could ruin our marriages.
Marriage and Internet
So in this day and age when the internet is literally at our fingertips all day long are there actually ways that we can safeguard our marriages? Continuing to only strive to focus on building a marriage that is the way that God intended it to be?
- Seek God before your smartphone. This is one of the most important things that we can do for every aspect of our lives, not just marriage. Sadly, many of us check our internet sites on our phones first thing in the morning and more often during the day than we do seeking God.
- Pray before you post. We forget that when we post things on the internet we are inviting people into our lives. It is the moment that we hit publish that we have the power to invite people into our marriage in a positive way or a negative way.
- Strive to be open about your internet activity with your husband. Our marriages need no secrets and this includes ones that are online. Strive to be open and honest about your dealings on the internet. Provide a list of your passwords, have the computer in a central location or whatever it is that you need to do to make sure that you both are staying in the loop about each other’s internet lives.
- Seek out wholesome sites to follow. There are so many sites that bash marriage and do not provide strong spiritual encouragement. Those my friends are the very things that we need filling our inboxes and newsfeeds.
- Dare to unplug often. Turn off the computer screens and mute the phones as much as you can. The internet is going to be around for a long time. Chances to build the memories that can be built today in your home can not.
I would love to know what are some of the ways that you are safeguarding your marriage against internet interference.
Until Next Time Just Keep Soaring 4 Him,
I would like to invite you to my Facebook group Christian Homemakers in Training where we dive into homemaking, motherhood, marriage and group devotions. After all, we all need a safe place to grow together, right?