This post may contain Affiliate links. Click here to view our full disclosure.
When a couple is at the beginning of their relationship there are just two people. A man and a woman. Eventually, they get married, adjustments are made and then BAM here comes the small people that are added to the mix. It is in this period that romance between the married couple begins to slowly die and yet it doesn’t have to.
Keeping Romance Alive in the Midst of Parenthood:
Romance- that concept that drew you to your husband. The simple things, the gestures, the sweet words, surprise dates, and simple notes. You know back in the day when the world seemed to revolve around you and your future husband.
For some reason, we seem to think that once the children come that romance is simply supposed to continue without any effort. The fact is that the deeper into parenthood we go the more we are going to have to get creative and a whole lot more intentional. After all, as we all know parenthood adds a whole new meaning to the word responsibility.
Tips to Keep the Romance Alive:
- Strive to make the time: It’s so easy to overwhelm ourselves. Make sure that you are not overfilling your schedule to the point that there is no time for small surprises.
- Attempt to be inviting: After a crazy day with the children, it is tempting to flog our men as soon as they walk in the door. Sometimes we can actually cause them to dread walking in the door because they don’t know what will be greeting them when they turn the door knob. Yes, they need to be made aware of the happenings of the day. However, they need to also be greeted warmly and feel welcome.
- Never underestimate the power of a touch: A quick rub of a hand or even a peck on the cheek can help remind your man that he is still on the radar.
- Write love notes and send mushy text messages: These remind our guys that we are still thinking of them as we are going about the daily managing the fort missions.
- Schedule a date night: This can be a date night in or a date night out. The point is to keep a marriage strong you need to have time set aside for just the two of you. I have had amazing dates that didn’t require us going anywhere or spending any money. However, the conversation and time together were more than enough.
- Surprise your man: Nowhere is it written that our men have to be the ones to supply all the sparks in the relationship. Dare to shock him. No ideas there because you know your man far better than I do.
Marriage is work. Keeping the romance going in the midst of rocking parenthood can be done but we have to be willing to put in the effort.
Until Next Time Just Keep Soaring 4 Him,