This post may contain Affiliate links. Click here to view our full disclosure.
Conflict has a way of entering into our marriages. Too often than not people simply run away or lash out when conflict enters into their marriage. Neither of these options is helpful. In fact, if anything it is during these moments we need to fight harder and smarter for our marriage and not against our spouse.
Satan loves discord. He loves it when we allow our human emotions to get the better of us. When we lash out with our words, intentionally hurt our spouse with things that they have entrusted us with, and he loves it, even more, when we decide to walk away from our marriage vows.
When Conflict Arises to Extreme Levels What Should We Do?
- Walk Away: When our temperatures are rising there is no need to add fuel to the fire. In fact, you can not even rationalize with a person when one or both of you are angry. It really is best to walk away and cool down before you make the conflict worse.
- Pray: Your marriage is currently under attack. Pray over your husband, over the conflict, and over your marriage. Also, it might be a good idea to ask God to help you cool down as well.
- Try to see your spouse’s point of view: So many conflicts could be handled rationally and quickly if both parties would be willing to see the other person’s point of view. Of course, you can’t control your spouse but you can control yourself.
- Calmly listen to the other person without speaking: In the middle of a conflict, we need to actively listen to the other person. We miss out on important information when we refuse to actually listen.
- Strive to never go to bed angry: The longer we allow a conflict to go unsolved the longer it has to grow. Strive to reach a compromise quickly.
- Be quick to forgive: In the middle of a conflict things will be said that are hurtful. However, forgiveness is a cornerstone to all marriages. After all, a marriage is two imperfect people striving to build a perfect marriage unit.
Marriage is a beautiful union of two amazing people. However, even in a seemingly perfect union conflicts will arise. The question is…..How will you handle the conflict?
Until Next Time Just Keep Soaring 4 Him,