This post may contain Affiliate links. Click here to view our full disclosure.
When you lose someone close it is natural for others around you to want to help you. Learning to express what it is that you are needing from them is imperative for not only you but for them as well.
During the grieving process, many people who are all well-doers will strive to comfort you. Some will attempt to console you with things that comfort them when they themselves suffered a loss. Some will attempt and yet they are simply at a loss as to what to do because they themselves have no clue what to do because this is all new to them. Others will simply begin to attempt to offer services to you that can be a bit overwhelming.
As a person who is grieving not always the way that you are approached is the way that you long to be comforted even though the person who is offering the comfort may feel it is best. This is when it is needed to be open and honest about what it is that you truly need.
Things to Remember:
- Most truly are trying to be helpful.
- You must be open and honest about what you are needing.
- Even though something may sound thoughtless the person really is trying to be comforting.
- You are emotional which means that things are not always what they appear to be.
Instead of Allowing Others to Overwhelm You:
- Be honest about what you really need
- Strive to be open about how you truly are feeling so that they can help.
- Work hard to remember that those people trying to help have been placed in your lives for a reason.
When we are willing to express ourselves and what it is that we truly need and are feeling we are allowing those around us to comfort us which is what they really are longing to do.
Until Next Time Just keep Soaring 4 Him,