This post may contain Affiliate links. Click here to view our full disclosure.
Peaceful. Over and over again I hear women talking about how they long to have a peaceful atmosphere in their home. The problem is that our lives are so filled with what seems to be constant chaos that we ourselves become a like a bottle of nerves. Guess where all that negative energy spills? In our homes.
Setting Up a Peaceful Mood in Your Home
In order to have that peaceful mood in our home, we need to realize who actually controls the tone of the home. Moms. Yep, moms are the ones who are in control of the tone in the home in most cases.
Think about it we play a huge impact on our children and we have a huge impact on our husbands. With that being said here are some things that we can do.
- Wake up earlier: Earlier wake-up times allow us to mentally prepare for the day ahead. They allow us to center ourselves before the day turns crazy.
- Clear your schedule of unneeded things: We all have things on our schedules that we simply do not need to be doing. Even if we don’t feel this is true. Chances are you have something on your schedule that you just know that you need to let go of but you have been putting them off.
- Pray before you react: This is a huge one. It is easy to react while your emotions are all over the place. Instead, taking time to pray before you react allows God to react to=hrough you and helps you to regain focus.
- Play uplifting music in your home: Music is the way to some peoples souls. Try playing uplifting music, praise music and hey even instrumental music. This will help with not only your mood but also your children’s moods as well. Let’s face it who can be crabby while seeing to the Lord.
- Check your priorities: Sometimes we overwhelm ourselves with things that in the grand scheme of life are really not important. We need to make sure that we focus more on those things that matter.
- Do something daily that makes you smile: When you smile those around you will smile. Smiles are contagious. So buy yourself some flowers, go for a walk, read a book or just watch a few minutes of television. Whatever you do make sure to find that smile.
Setting the mood in our homes is in our court ladies. How do you intend to create that peaceful mood?
Free For You!
Here are some Bible verse cards to help you with setting a peaceful mood within yourself to help you with your journey of promoting peace in your home.
Until next Time Just Keep Soaring 4 Him,
I would like to invite you to my Facebook group Christian Homemakers in Training where we dive into homemaking, motherhood, marriage and group devotions. After all, we all need a safe place to grow together, right?